Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Night Games


The other night we introduced our children to "Night Games". It has been so long since Clay & I played, that we did not really know the correct rules or names for the games, but it was a blast anyway! My favorite parts of the night were when Eva hid so well (at sardines) that we all took a long time to find her; and when Clay came running around the house so insanely, that I could not catch him because I was laughing so hard!


Our cherry tree is overflowing with fruit, so come by and pick as much as you want. There is something magical about eating something you picked off a tree.

5 comments:

Lesli said...

Clay looks too funny! I wish I could come pick some fruit - but I think it may be too far away!

Carly said...

You guys crack me up! I love that you are already introducing them to the fun of night games :)

ps. I just might have to take you up on the fruit picking offer... I do love cherries! And I love you!

Laura Ann Asay aka: lauranna said...

When we were kids we used to visit our Grandma Asay in Lovell for about a week each summer and we played a game that sounds similar. One person was 'the bear' and hid somewhere around the outside of the house. The rest would slowly walk around the house chanting "No bears are out tonite, Daddy shot them all last nite" At some point the bear would jump out and chase us. If we made it back to 'home base' (usually the front step) we were safe. If we got caught we were the bear the next time.

Worthy Glover Sr. or Gail Glover said...

How well we remember the Glover children looking for dark clothing to wear so that would be well-hidden in the dark while playing night games with Wheelers and Guymons. Some things never change!

Kd Perkins said...

Carly, come over any time!