Monday, July 21, 2008

Because I Passionately Love My Wife and Would Do Anything for Her

It's Claydar's turn to Post!!

Kd and the kids went to Lake Powell with Nan and Britt on Friday. Of course I got left home alone. There was no food, no TV, and my Xbox was broken. So there I was alone, hungry, bored and a little scared. Hmmm Canyon Country is just down the street. I should go get some food! So I go and get a Valencia Orange juice and a bag of Carmel popcorn. That was my dinner. Obviously I'm not gifted in the art of making important decisions at critical times. I get home and realize that I'm still going to be hungry so I nuke some delicious pizza pockets and sit down to watch season 3 of Battle Star Gallactica. I sat there for3 hours and watched like 4 episodes. I then went to bed and read an Orson Scott Card novel for 2 more hours until 2:30 am at which point I decided that I should go to sleep. Needless to say I 'm still trying to catch up.

Kd and the kids had a great time at the lake. I'll defer to her to give the details....maybe on her next post.

My garden is doing well. I have some tomatoes, corn, peas and squash. The weeds are somewhat under control and most of the plants are alive. I've been able to cut my mowing time down to just under 1 hour a week not including edging and I'm loving the sprinkler system. Our new yard is great and I'm really enjoying the process of taking care of it. I just wish I didn't suffer from allergies.






Our cherry tree produced tons of fruit and it turns out that they are pretty good. I was worried that they were going to be not so sweet pie cherries, but they are actually pretty good. The only draw back to the cherry tree is the constant sticky floor from tracked in cherries.



Timothy is a full fledged walker now. He gets so happy and loves his new skills. It's crazy to see such a tiny boy walking and running around. His first word was "Eva". He now can say "Eye" while jabbing his little finger into your eye socket, and he's learning to imitate a lot of actions and sounds. It's so fun to watch my kids grow. I love them so much.

Now about the title. I asked Kd for suggestions on what to post. The Title is her suggestion. Honestly...What would I be without Kd? Where would I be? I can't imagine life without her. I love my kids so much and would do anything for them. Without Kd I wouldn't have the kids that I have. She completes my life. I love her so much.



She will read this in the morning and think, "yeah...I told him to write that," or "whatever!" Kd it's true I do love you and I missed you when you went to Lake Powell. I know it was only one night but I was sad, and hungry, and really bored. Most of all I was so glad to see you and the children come home ( the CHILDREN...).



Here's a few more pictures for your viewing pleasure......






Kd likes to have he picture taken

Thomas smiles


Sun Bathing Cousins

Timothy looks on

At Cottonwood wash

7 comments:

Chrislynn said...

I am glad Kd doesn't leave you alone much, or you would starve to death; orange juice, caramel popcorn and pizza pockets for dinner? That's just crazy.

Is the x-box going to be fixed by the time we visit this weekend? Richie needs to play Rock Band.

Kd Perkins said...

We will borrow worthy's system. Really I can take care of myself I was just being lazy

Tim & Nancy said...

Love the post Clay. Can't wait to see the pictures from Lake Powell. I hope the kids had a blast there.

Lesli said...

Great post Clay - I'm sure it means a great deal to your family knowing you can't survive without them :)

Tim & Nancy said...

Did your XBox get the red ring of death?

Kd Perkins said...

No Tim, we think the CD drive went bad. It just stopped reading the disks.

Tim & Nancy said...

Microsoft has a free extended warranty because of so many problems. You should look into it so you don't have to pay for repairs.