Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fully Converted

I have been thinking a lot lately about what it means to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, what a testimony of the gospel is, and how important it is to be truly converted. I know many people who claim membership in the LDS church, and belive it to be true, yet they choose not to live the gospel to the fullest. I have been there myself, whether it be not paying a full tithe, not going to all your Sunday meetings, or other things that keep us from being "fully converted". In the gospel of Jesus Christ, it is not enough to just "believe" the church is true. We must start with, faith, then show our obedience by acting on that faith. As members of the church we truly believe that, "faith without works is dead". It is so important to have a testimony as a starting point for the gospel. I know this church is true, and that it is lead by a righteous prophet. I know that Joseph Smith truly did see Heavenly Father and Jesus, and that he is a true prophet who restored the true church on the earth. I know that Jesus lives, and that he died for my sins, so that I can return to live with him again if I choose to live worthy and repent of my wrongs. That is my testimony. I act on my testimony by living a clean life and fully participating in all my church meetings and accepting and performing my church callings. I attend the Temple at least once a month if not weekly. I do not make excuses for my failings. I am not perfect, but I act on what I believe. That is what it means to be fully converted. My testimony of the gospel is the driving force in my life and that is why I am who I am, and why my life is blessed. I am grateful for righteous examples in my life that have helped me make wise choices and fully live the gospel.

2 comments:

Worthy Glover Sr. or Gail Glover said...

Thank you, Kd. "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 1:4

Lesli said...

What an incredible testimony - thanks so much for sharing it!!!