Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Woo Hoo!

In April I wrote my first ever grant. It was for funding to implement a Safe Routing Plan for our Elementary School. I served as the President last year for the School Community Council, and as a board, we were able to complete the Safe Routing Plan that should have been done years earlier. I got the grant done, but procrastinated getting it signed, then couldn't find the last person that needed to sign it. The day I needed to mail it I had to go to Dead Horse Point State Park to help out, so I recruited Clay to get the signature, and overnight the grant to Salt Lake. After numerous emails and phone messages that went unanswered, I figured that I was not going to get the funding. Yay, I was wrong! I was notified by email that not only was my project funded, but it scored the highest out of the 20 applications they received! I am so happy! I keep realizing how much like my Mother I am as time goes on. I am grateful for the good education she gave me, and the example of intelligence and success that she is to me. Wow, my first grant got funded, pretty cool eh?!

6 comments:

Tim & Nancy said...

Way to go sis. Keep working hard and good things happen. Love ya

Worthy Glover Sr. or Gail Glover said...

This is a proud mother saying, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Love you!

Lesli said...

Very cool KD!!! Congratulations - Like Mother, Like Daughter!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm glad it worked out.

Carly said...

Awesome! Way to go :). What a trilling thing. As someone who is very intimidated by the idea of writing a grant... I am impressed!

Kim said...

That's so great. Those of us with children who attend the elementary school thank you, by the way!