Saturday, March 10, 2007


Wednesday was an exciting day for the Perkins Family! We went to the Doctor and heard our baby boy's heartbeat again, and everything is going great with the pregnancy. Much thanks to Eryka for the Zofran tip, with my help my Dr discovered that there is a generic available (my co-pay with insurance was over $500!), so now people in Blanding have a better choice than to be sick all the time when they are pregnant! I also got a prescription for heartburn that has already made my life so much more liveable! I am almost 6 months along.

Clay is off work on Wednesdays so I usually work all day. After going to the Dr I went back to work. Into the museum walked an older couple that looked very familiar. The wife paid the fee and then signed our register as Richard and Lynda Petty. Then I understood why they looked familiar! Since Clay is a huge Nascar fan I called him and told him to come and verify if it really was THE Richard Petty at my museum. Clay showed up just as they were leaving and had a chance to meet him it was great! The photo is just one from the web, we didn't want to bother him, he was on vacation!

7 comments:

Chrislynn said...

Wow, famous people come to that museum all the time, it seems. Remember the time John Stockton came, of course you knew he was coming.

Richie wants to know if you have considered naming your baby "Richie". He thinks all our families should have a Richie. (If you don't like Richie he recommends Shadrach).

Chrislynn said...

Hey! This is Richie. I know it took me a while, but I finally read Clay's list. I think his Bugs Bunny projected on the wall experience may have something to do with an alien abduction when he saw the UFO. I'm also dying to know how in the world you used to pronouce "gigantic!"

Lesli said...

I'm so glad to hear your pregnancy is going well - and that you are feeing great now.

What a neat thing to happen for Clay.

Tim & Nancy said...

you guys are so silly. you should have gotten richard's autograph. It is worth like 5 dollars on ebay. Just kidding. I think that is a way cool story. Clay is lucky that you could actually know who they were.

eryka said...

I'm so glad the medicine helps! It makes life so much better. We can't wait to see you guys! When are you due?

Kd Perkins said...

I am due June 17th. We will probably bless him the weekend of the 4th of July.

Kim said...

Kd, my girls have birthdays in June. Maybe you could shoot for the 14th or the 25th? (Like you have anything to do with it)...Glad you're feeling better!