Saturday, October 13, 2007

Techno-crazy!


So Eva's crisis' always seem to occur when I am between the babysitters and home or work, and after she frantically called Grandpa in tears, I got the message that she forgot her lunch for the field trip. The need for my children to be able to find me, as well as the frustration of not having a home phone for 2 weeks, drove me to finally invest in a cell phone. So I just realized, that I am the last of the Glover siblings to get a cell phone! I am not looking forward to another bill, but I am already enjoying the peace of mind of knowing that I can always be in contact with my children. We are really enjoying our new home and our new neighbors, and are looking forward to attending a new ward tomorrow after having been in 1st Ward almost all our lives!

On a sad note, last Friday we had to put Tinkerbell to sleep after she bit our neighbor's 5 year old little girl. Emma Heck (our neighbor girl) tried to hug Tinkerbell, and Tinkerbell for some reason bit Emma on the head. The Heck's were really nice about it, and it was a really small wound, but we knew we could not take the risk of a worse attack in the future, so we made the difficult decision to put her down. The kids took it really hard, and screamed and cried at me. Thank goodness for Brenda, for taking them to her house so they could keep their minds off of it. We are grateful to Dad for taking Tinkerbell to the Vet for us, because we could not do it ourselves. Tinkerbell did have some nice qualities, but they were overshadowed by her aggressive behavior, and that is unfortunate. It will be rough on Clay and the kids for a while, but we know it is ultimately for the best.

3 comments:

Chrislynn said...

Welcome to the '90's, oh wait, IT IS A NEW MILLENIUM! It is amazing how quickly we come to depend on silly things like cell phones, but it does give you peice of mind.

I am so sorry about your dog, it is so hard to lose a member of the family.

Congrats on your house.

drew said...

Yeah, it's nice to be able to reached by anyone, anytime, from anywhere on the planet, whether by e-mail, phone, fax, etc. Just marvelous. I think the next step is that my firm will implant GPS trackers in all of the associates so they can not only get ahold of us at all times, but can physically locate us at a moments notice.

Amelia said...

I'm so so sorry about Tinkerbell, I know your kids loved her! It's always hard to lose a pet.

We're so excited for you to be in your new house and can't wait to come see it!